Advancement potential in visual communications: web design, media and web development.
– Extensive knowledge of XHTML, CSS, currently learning HTML5/CSS3
– Knowledge of JS through use of JQuery, PHP, SQL *
– Windows XP-7, Mac OS, Linux
– Front-end web troubleshooting for IE 7,8, Safari, Firefox, Chrome
– Adobe CS, Lightroom, InDesign
– Microsoft Office
Technical Producer – Courant.com, CTnow.com Hartford, CT | May 2008 – Present
Courant.com – Tribune Company
Researched and implemented new web marketing avenues
– Initialized Courant.com’s Social Media branding
– Adapted Tribune templates into custom designs for newsletters, and syndicated content.
– Installed Google Analytics/Omniture into blogs, provided stats to bloggers
– Research and development of WordPress blogs/plugins/themes: WordPress blog, Photo blog (wordpress)
– Participated/Conducted workshops with SEO, Social Media best practices, Tribune CMS
– Achieved goals for Tribune initiatives and sprints
Integral role in project life cycle of Tribune’s newspaper.com redesign
– Collaborated with Tribune web developers in the redesign process, participated in weekly conferences
– Developed color/branding in collaboration with the Courant’s design staff.
– Corresponded heavily with Tribune’s QA team for post launch design flaws, third party integration issues
– Responsible for communication with public about site issues through GetSatisfaction.com
Classified Production Coordinator – NewMassMedia.com Hartford, CT
NewMassMedia.com – Tribune Company December 2006 – May 2008
Graphic designer and page layout
– Managed classified ads/pagination for 4 alternative weeklies, including compiling ads from individual offices
– Daily communication with sales team, pre-press managers, and producers of syndicated content
– Back-up paginator for Jobs4U and Courant classifieds
– Supported all Advocates with ad production, including Hartford Advocate Best Of projects.
– Worked closely with New Mass Media’s publisher in creation of print marketing materials.
– Collaborated with Hartford Courant’s IT department in development of marketable classified content.
Key role in transition periods
– Continued responsibility for ad design/layout, and submitting content to Valley Advocate, following their sale to Newspapers of New England.
– Resized existing ads/syndicated content for two separate web-width page reductions, including a repositioning of the folio and conducting tests.
University of Hartford Hartford, CT
Hartford Art School 2000-2005
– Bachelor of Fine Arts, majoring in Media Arts
– Developed technical skills for analog and digital / photography and video
– Experimented with print design through use of typography and mixed media, with fine art influences.
Other Work and Activities
– Freelance photographer for ctnow.com, The Wadsworth Atheneum
– Contributed photographs to theywillrockyou.com, musicianphotojournal.com
– Photographic involvement with local music artists in promotional material